Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Word Spreads, Link Love, And A Little Jealousy


I’ve been telling my friends about this project and I’ve been getting some great feedback.  Apparently, there is something in the air, and the world opening up to many mischief-makers:
Z. sent me this blog post about a Japanese café where you get whatever the person before you ordered.  Mystery Google is another great boredom buster for those days when I just can’t get out of my pjs and on to the plane to Tokyo.
M. sent me a clipping from the Albany Times Union about some artsy ladies biking around the capital and distributing free art. 
C. encouraged me to keep it positive (after seeing my slightly grim mission statement) and check out FMyLife’s more positive sister sites: MyLifeIsGood and MyLifeIsAverage.  Some of the posts are seem too good to be true, but who minds a little embellishment?

A housemate started doing what they call “The Original Wall Post”.  They went around campus and stuck clever and inspiring post-it notes up. 
Lastly, I found 1000 Awesome Things and I contemplated the adventures of my past on hot metal slides and splintery monkey bars.
 I am kicking myself a bit, because some of these ideas were very similar to things I wanted to do, and I fear being called a copy cat, but the autumn optimism urges me to smile at the abundance of new surprises Albany residents (Albanians?) might encounter when they walk out their door.

No comments:

Post a Comment