Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Hooligan Behind The Blog


Who am I?

I’ll tell you that I hate answering this question, because at times I feel like a bundle of contradictions, and trying to navigate that makes me nervous. 


I think the most important thing to know about me is my motivations. I do this blog because there is an imbalance of weirdness. I feel the need to distribute some of the fun I have experiencing the silliness and beauty of everyday life. And I feel the need to experience more myself, so that I can get through the day happy. 

If you are still curious, here are some Dana factoids:


  • I dislike summarizing: books, movies, what someone said, what happened—I am much too impatient of a person. 
  • My dorm room walls are reminiscent of the way crazy movie characters decorate their walls.
  • I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. As a result, I am extremely detail- oriented, to the point of distraction, and I am disorganized in all important matters.
  • I dress strangely. I wear wigs, extreme shoes, and tacky vintage finds, but I also wear jeans and t-shirts.
  • I pretend I am the host of a vegan cooking show.
  • I think skeletons are astonishing.
  • I get excited over tiny details that many people ignore; I am the weirdo that stops dead in her tracks to make eye contact with the squirrel eating old pizza. 
  • I can fall asleep almost instantly.


No comments:

Post a Comment