Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Capital of Mischief

Other Dana and I are off to NYC, the capital of Mischief, to see the Dirty Projectors (type their name into this website to hear some of their stuff).  My personal favorite is "Rise Above," their cover reinterpretation of Black Flag's original (which was already good).  They lie somewhere between punk, tribal music, and experimental, with just a touch of new-age-y weirdness.  They're creepy and exhilarating; this is music for one thinks up mischief to.

I will have my camera, so I will be sure to take any fun pictures, as we run around Williamsburg, high on vegan junk food from Foodswings (practically an orgasmic experience).  Expect graffiti pictures.  Maybe we should bring chalk.  Holy shit, we're bringing chalk!  Oh, the powers of introspective writing! Well, I gotta go get my red velvet Doc Martens laced (there's thirteen holes, baby!).  

No comments:

Post a Comment